Drawing a plan for an estimate of a new benchtop to go over an existing benchtop.
- On the graph paper attached sketch a plan of your benchtop. Each square is approx 100 mm. DON’T WORRY IF IT IS NOT EXACTLY TO SCALE however it is easier to draw if you can get it approx right.
- Mark your measurements as shown on the sample plan as these are important so we can get your quote as accurate as possible.
- Using the symbols as shown in the LEGEND below mark the appropriate edge treatments, overhang, walls, location of the sink and cooktop. If you are replacing or relocating them and they are not quite the same size just put a note on the plan. It is easy for us to alter the opening to suit the new appliance. Mark the existing edge type and approx thickness on the sketch as below.
Note: There is an easy solution if the existing edge is rolled etc. but the new stone benchtop will have a modern pencil round finish when finished.
- If you have a smartphone or camera take a photo as it can be very helpful to us.
- Bring the plan into our showroom or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your phone number in case we have any queries.
If you would like to keep the servery draw a plan of this on a separate sheet.
WANT TO REMOVE AND EXTEND? THAT’S EASY!
One of our most common alterations to benchtops is to cut this down and extend the benchtop through. If you would like to do this show the new layout on the plan and note that it needs to be cut down.
REMEMBER – DON’T PANIC IF IT IS ONLY APPROXIMATE AS WE WILL DO A CHECK MEASURE
Download Graph Paper:
Drawing a Plan Form (PDF)